Catamaranes Del Sur invites you to explore a unique natural world in a rough, hidden land of highly unusual geographic panoramas. Here awaits a richly varied, stunning landscape with exotic wilderness, glaciers, rivers, lakes, and age-old ice; an astonishing natural stage on the planet‚Äôs last frontier
Patagonian Channels, San Rafael Glacier, Port Chacabuco
Itinerary and the departures calendar:
Transfer from Balmaceda airport to Hotel.
Lober√≠as del Sur in Puerto Chacabuco.
Overnight at Lober√≠as del Sur Hotel.
Coffee and cookies service.
Full day excursion to San Rafael Lagoon.
All included service on board, open bar.
Zodiac excursion (subject to weather conditions).
Overnight at Lober√≠as del Sur Hotel.
Half day excursion to Aiken del Sur Park with trekking and Patagonian lamb barbecue (Min 6 passengers).
Lunch will be cheered by a local folk group.
Transfer To Balmaceda airport.
During the tour you can admire islands, channels, Patagonian fjords, glaciers that run perpendicular to the coastline, and several waterfalls that altogether offer the visitor an unimaginable spectacle. Approaching the Lagoon to what is known as Punta Elefantes and San Rafael Bay, a large quantity of birds, numerous reefs, and icebergs that travel away from the Tempano River are the highlight of the area. Finally, as we near the stillness of the 170 km2 (106 mi2) that form the San Rafael Lagoon; we will be able to appreciate the main attraction which is the San Rafael Glacier and its surrounding icebergs. Equally impressive is the thunderous sound made from the ice that loosens and breaks off of the Glacier, crashing into the water. At the end of our zodiac boat excursion we will taste a delicious whiskey or pisco served with the age-old ice and then head back to Puerto Chacabuco.
Aik√©n Del Sur Private Park is set amidst unique and magnificent natural surroundings. Noteworthy is the long and luxuriant shore of Lake Riesco renowned for its placid, crystal-clear blue waters, as well as the
natural prairies, forests and wide variety of local fauna. This Park offers the proper facilities and safe environment for exploring the untouched landscape of the Chilean Patagonia. Three Natural Trails equipped with footbridges, lookout points and resting-places, which through the use of tutorial stations, give visitors an insight to the bio geographical history of the region. Breathtaking views of the lake, river, hills, and nearby mountains as well as the chance to spot some of the local birds such as the "chucao" and "hueta", are among the main attractions.
On board the Chaiten Catamaran you will tour the unparallel attractions in the Ays√©n region, where you can enjoy your marvellous surroundings sitting comfortably inside or from the deck, if you seek to be more one with nature. The food on board is first-class, always faithful to the quality of a fine international fare, and in accord with the environment that unfolds around you. The large parlour on the second deck offers the visitor a splendid view and a large bar where you can taste fine Chilean wine.
Chait√©n Catamaran decks:
Rates are per passenger and expressed in American dollars
|September 2012 - November 2012
|December 2012 - March 2013
- Fees are per person per program, in U.S. dollars (US$).
- Fees may be subject to change without previous notification. These DO NOT apply to events, conferences and fairs.
- Please, read our .
The program includes
The program does not include
- Transfers Balmaceda Airport / Hotel Lober√≠as del Sur / Balmaceda Airport.
- Welcome drink.
- Welcome dinner at Hotel.
- 3 nights of accommodations at the Hotel Lober√≠as del Sur in Puerto Chacabuco with breakfast buffet.
- Full day excursion on Catamaran to Laguna San Rafael with zodiac excursion for closer view of icebergs, all meals on board, open bar and whisky with thousand year old ice.
- Excursion to private Park Aik√©n del Sur, soft trekking with bilingual guides and lunch.
- Farewell Dinner at Hotel Lober√≠as del Sur after Park visit.
- To exit the Catamaran, passengers must arrive before 7:30 pm in Puerto Chacabuco pier. Leaves at 8:00 a.m. sharp. Rates and itineraries are subject to change without notice.
- Zodiac excursions among the ice are subject to weather conditions.
- Patagonian lambs roast, in Aiken Park minimum of 6 passengers.
Loberias del Sur Hotel, located in Puerto Chacabuco:
- 60 rooms.
- Bar, entertainment room, cafeteria.
- Spa Ventisquero: sauna, heated pool, gym.
- Business centre and conventions.
- Internet Wi-Fi.