CochamÃ³ Valley, also called 'The Chilean Yosemiteâ€™, is an excellent representative of the Northern Patagonia landscape, with enormous granite walls that attract climbers from all over the world. During 3 days you will travel across the beautiful CochamÃ³ Valley, walking 4 to 6 hours a day, carrying only 5k/ 11lb on your back (day backpack), while the rest of the equipment is carried by horses guided by local skinners.
CochamÃ³ Valley, Puerto Varas, Los Lagos Region, Trekking
Departure towards CochamÃ³, a town located in ReloncavÃ estuary, the first fjord in Patagonia. There, you will meet the local guide (arriero) and load the horses. Then, you'll hike up a valley covered with vegetation, that offers amazing views of massive granite walls. Once in Las Juntas, you will rest at Campoaventure refuge, where the hosts Tatiana and Horacio live all year. The ones who still have energy will go around the Junta Valley. BL-D
At dawn you'll be surrounded by granite mountains. Then, you'll get immersed in the Valdivian jungle, going up to 900 mts, where you'll have a close look at maÃ±Ão, coigÃ¼e, alerce, and lenga trees. After walking for 4 hours and climbing 2 fixed ropes (safe and easy to do) you'll arrive at CochamÃ³ Valley highlands, with its 1000mts granite walls, home of condors and climbers. After a delicious lunch you'll walk back to Las Juntas. Camp setting and dinner. B-BL-D
After a good breakfast you'll head back to Puerto Varas. You'll walk for 9km (downhill) to get to the road where a private transfer will be waiting for you to take you back to Puerto Varas. As an alternative for this last day in CochamÃ³, there's the chance of hiring horses to ride back. Price 20.000 CLP per person. B-BL
B-BL-D: Breakfast-Box Lunch-DinnerDetails of the expedition
- Trekking aided by horses 22 km. /13.7 mi.
- Refuge: 2 nights
- Level of difficulty: Moderate to Demanding, 5 to 6 hours of trekking per day
- Pack weight: 5 kg / 11lb (day backpack)
- Luggage capacity: 70lts max + day backpack.
- Location: North Patagonia, CochamÃ³ Valley
- Meeting point: Puerto Varas
- End of the trip: Puerto Varas
- Dates: By request
- Group size: 2 to 8 people max.
Rates are per passenger and expressed in American dollars
||4 TO 12
|CochamÃ³ Highlands trekking
3 days / 2 nights
|Apr- 1-2012 / May-31-2012
|Jun- 1-2012 / May-31-2013
- Fees are per person per program, in U.S. dollars (US$).
- Fees may be subject to change without previous notification. These DO NOT apply to events, conferences and fairs.
- Please, read our .
The program includes
- All meals from day 1 to day 3, including march snack, box lunch, breakfast, and dinners improved with wines and cheese.
- All land and water transportation.
- 2 nights in the new CochamÃ³ Refuge.
- Dry bags (70 litres) for your personal equipment, complete harness, ropes and all necessary equipment for the trip
- Professional First aid kit, UHF Radios, handy, maps, aerial pictures.
- Bilingual Guide (Spanish-English) accredited by Wilderness First Response, guide of the National Mountain School with wide experience in trekking and long trips.
- Local guide and loaded horses (one every 3 passengers).
- Primary assistance insurance.
The program does not include
- Air tickets.
- Personal equipment.
- City Hotels.
- Rescue expenses.
- Any other service not mentioned in this program.