You will be fascinated by the legendary â€śCity of Stairsâ€ť, a destination with unique architecture and history, declared a National Monument in 1998 and a National Heritage site by UNESCO.
Central Valley, Andes Moutain Range, Sewell Town
|8:45 am. Departure from Santiago by tour bus, from Parque Arauco Boulevard.
9:10 am. Stop in Bustamante Park, located near Movistar Building, (Baquedano Subway).
10:30 am. Stopping at one of the sides of Jumbo Supermarket in Rancagua, Ruta del Cobre road. The trip continues through Eduardo Frei Montalba Road, passing by Maitenes control, and continuing by the extraordinary mountain road, with a panoramic view to the different an impressive facilities and Plants of The El Teniente Mine. (Concentrator Plant, Rail Road Terminal of Alto Colon and Caletones Smelter Plant).
12:00 pm. Arrival at Sewell Mining Camp. The tour is made in a descending way, starting from the Teniente Club building.. With a general panoramic view, an historical speech about the camp is given: special camp architecture, chiefs buildings , employees, workers, the Long Stair, the Staff House, theater, social clubs, external view of the mineral, Black Mountain, the church and visit to the Great Copper Mine Museum.
2:00 pm Departure from Sewell to Coya Country Club.
3:30 pm Arrival to Coya Country Club for Lunch (lunch optional).
4:30 pm Visit Coya Camp
5:30 hrs Return to Rancagua and/or Santiago cities.
6:45 pm Stop in Bustamante Park, located near Movistar Building, (Baquedano Subway).
7:15 pm Arrival to Parque Arauco Mall.
A legendary mining camp located 150 kms from Santiago on the slope of a mountain between two streams, and is known for its architectural style, with beautiful wooden buildings up to 6 stories tall, a city that in its time had more than 15,000 people living and working in it.
Built at the beginning of the century, this city that has existed unharmed throughout the seasons and earthquakes is being restored, and its central area is being declared a National Monument and Codelco. Chile make this place a National Heritage place because of its unique characteristics.
There is also the modern Great Copper Mine Museum, where the customs, life and technological achievements and part of the history of the Great Copper Mine are shown.
Rates are per passenger and are expressed in American dollars
* Rates valid for persons between 25 and 59 years.
** Regular departures only on Saturday and Sunday.
- Fees are per person per program, in U.S. dollars (US$).
- Fees may be subject to change without previous notification. These DO NOT apply to events, conferences and fairs.
- Please, read our .
The program includes
- Transportation by tour bus or van.
- Spanish speaking tour guide.
- Entrance to the Great Copper Mine Museum.
- Lunch in Coya country club (touristic lunch).
- Civil Responsibility and Personal Accident Insurance.
- The tour may be suspended for unfavorable meteorological conditional or for superior orders by CODELCO â€“ holding division.
- The company is not responsible for loss of personal objects.
- Those under 7 years of age, nor over 75 years can not enter the Sewell.
- This program can be done every Tuesday to Sunday. Private tours are also available, which can be done any day of the week.
- Ask for rates for senior (between 60 and 75 years old) and student (between 7 and 24 years old).
- Ask for prices with departures from Rancagua.
- The visits could be cancelled or rescheduled with 24 hrs. advance. In case of cancellation by the customer within one day prior to the tour starting date, a cancellation fee of 20% will apply.
- State of health compatible with the altitude (2,300 meters asl.).
- To make reservations, your names, ID or passport numbers, ages and nationalities are needed.
- Clothing for entering the mine: long pants, long sleeved shirt and long socks for using the safety boots.Â
- Ask for private departures from Tuesday to Friday.
- PROGRAM COULD BE CANCELLED BY THE LOCAL OPERATOR.