Move forward along paths with sections of large vistas, valleys, much of the route is Lenga forests, chances of seeing huemules. Many hours of walking to reach, with crystal clear stream and mountain rivers. An experience that will fascinate lovers of rustic hiking in the countryside of Patagonia.
Coyhaique, Cerro Castillo National Reserve, Pe√Īon Glacier
Welcoming at the Balmaceda airport, situated at 55Km at the south of the regional capital, Coyhaique. Transfer to Coyhaique by a pavement road. Welcoming at the hotel ‚ÄúLas Salamandras‚ÄĚ. Meeting at 06:00 pm in the hotel to get to know each other and to check your equipment. Dinner with the guides of the expedition. Accommodation in the hotel.
Breakfast. At 09:00 am, departure to Monreal Lake (1 hour). We will begin the walk by the Chilean path (Sendero de Chile), an old path surrounded by trees, which led to a sawmill. Lunch in a place with extended views. Then, we will follow by a smaller path until the watchtower above the Paloma Lake. The some parts of the next paths, we have extended views. We walk until a small valley where we will camp. A huge part of the tour is composed by forests of lenga (type of tree) in which we could see deers. 6-8 hours of hiking until reaching the ‚ÄúSalto‚ÄĚ camp, situated in a lenga forest, near a mountainous clear water‚Äôs beck, where we will camp.
After the breakfast, we will go on by ascending the valley, until getting out of the forest (2 hours). Then we will walk by a path marked by rocks out of the vegetal line until the portezuelo in order to begin the descent until the forest, and to take the path to go until the Turbio river. There we will reach the ‚ÄúTurbio‚ÄĚ camp, where there are camp sites established by the CONAF(basic bathrooms, tables). 6-8 hours of hiking. Diner and night at the ‚ÄúTurbio‚ÄĚ camp.
Breakfast. This glacier, is situated in a backward step of a lagoon (This excursion no requires a backpack nor raise of the camp). After 3 or 4 hours of hiking, we will go back to the ‚ÄúTurbio‚ÄĚ camp. This day, the persons who want to take a rest can do it. Diner and night at the ‚ÄúTurbio‚ÄĚ camp.
*This day is optional, it‚Äôs possible to go on by the path, and on the day 5 to visit a glacier of the sector
Early breakfast, to go on from the camp. We will go on by the Chilean path (Sendero of Chile) until we get out of the vegetation and go up a portezuelo el pennon, to then come down by a great descent with rocks and wind. From that place, there are beautiful views of the valley. We will follow the Chilean path until getting to the camp ‚ÄúEl Bosque‚ÄĚ where some equipped camps are. 6-8 hours of hiking. Diner and night in the ‚ÄúBosque‚ÄĚ camp.
Early breakfast in order to go uphill by a marked path, with sometimes great gradients until Castillo‚Äôs hill Lake.
Once in Castillo‚Äôs hill Villa, we will have a party, just below the majestic hill, with a Patagonian‚Äôs barbecue. Later in the night, we will take a bus in order to come back to Coyhaique or another destination. 6-8 hours of hiking, plus 1 hour 30 minutes in bus until Coyhaique. Accommodation in the hotel ‚ÄúLas Salamandras‚ÄĚ, Coyhaique.
Transfer from the hotel to the Balmaceda airport.
Rates are per person and expressed in American dollars
|Full trekking Cerro Castillo
- Fees are per person per program, in U.S. dollars (US$) and equivalent in Chilean pesos (CL).
- Fees may be subject to change without previous notification. These DO NOT apply to events, conferences and fairs.
- Please, read our .
The Program Includes
- Transfers Coyhaique / Monreal Lake and Castillo‚Äôs hill Villa / Coyhaique.¬†
- ¬†Transfers Airport / Coyhaique / Balmaceda.¬†
- ¬†Full board (breakfast, walk rations, light lunches, dinners).¬†
- ¬†Accommodation according to the description 4 nights in camping.¬†
- ¬†2 nights in the hotel ‚ÄúLas Salamandras‚ÄĚ, Coyhaique.¬†
- ¬†Guide: 1 bilingual mountain guide (English), and 3 carriers for the global equipment with a maximums of 6 people.
- Guides able to provide first aid techniques.
- Minimum: 2 passengers.
- Maximum: 10 passengers.
- Level of difficulty: Moderate.
- Good health and physical condition.
- To be able to bear a 15 kg backpack during 6 or 8 hours diary.
- Availability to camp.
- Capacity to be friendly with the others participants during the trip.
- Contributing to have a friendly atmosphere.
- To help for the diary tasks.
- To respect the schedules
- Approximately 45 km of hiking by the Chilean path.
- Parts of the Chilean path without a lot of walkers.
- The participants must be able to carry a 15 kg backpack (sleeping bag, mat, personal dress, special equipment).
- Great views on the Castillo‚Äôs hill and on the glaciers situated near the path.
- 100% of the tour is situated in the National Reserve of the Castillo‚Äôs hill.
- Local bilingual guide (Spanish, English, German).
- Camps and food of a great quality.
- Visit of a glacier in a backward step (the ‚Äúpe√Ī√≥n‚ÄĚ or others).
- Camps with basic bathrooms, established by the CONAF.
- Emphasis of the program in learning the local fauna and flora as a local historical learning.
- During the tour, you will learn basic techniques to live in the nature, as rising a tent, cooking, reading a map.
- Satellite telephone in case of emergency.
- Safety roads to evacuate in case of bad weather, injury for example.
- 4 nights in camping, 2 nights in an Hotel in Coyhaique.
- The climate could change during the tour, the weather could be sunny, warm, windy or it could rain, and it could snow in the higher part.