Staying at Lakutaia Lodge allows you to visit places of unparallel beauty. You will enjoy the Majestic Darwin Mountain crowned by innumerable glaciers. In the southernmost point of Tierra del Fuego island, you will be able to navigate through intricate channels, breathtaking fjords and the mythical Cape Horn, landmark of sailboats lovers from all over the world.
Navarino Island, Cape Horn, Wulaia,¬† Beagle Cannel,¬† Omora Park
Flight from Punta Arenas (or cross over from Ushuaia) to Cape Horn. (Schedule to be confirmed, usually around midday). Arrive at the Lodge Lunch. Outdoor activity in the afternoon. Interpretive talk in our Library by an expert. Dinner at the Lodge.
Day of navigation to the Wulaia inlet. After an early breakfast, our guests will be transfered to Puerto Navarino (1 ¬Ĺ hours) where they will board the Schooner VICTORY. Once on board, our sailboat, made completely of Cipres wood from the Guaitecas, will take a south-easterly direction through the Murray Channel, often accompanied by dolphins, penguins, seals and sea lions and sometimes even whales, until we get to the historical point of Wulaia. In total, the navigation takes between 7-8 hours. During the day there will be a short walk in the Wulaia inlet and a barbeque on board during the return trip.
Dinner at the Lodge (approx. 08:30pm)
Full day of activities, to be chosen.
Lunch (at the lodge or outdoors depending on activities chosen).
Dinner at the Lodge.
Half day of activities, to be chosen. Departure from the Lodge around midday. Flight (or crossing) to return to Punta Arenas (or Ushuaia)
We embark in Puerto Navarino to Wulaia, site of special beauty of the northwestern coast of Navarino island, cradle of great part of the Anglican missionary work with the Yamana people. Once we disembark in this beautiful place, we climb up the mountain to contemplate the impressive landscape of Hoste island (which inspired Jules Verne in his book "The survivors of the Jonathan"), the Wollaston islands and Nassau bay.Optional Excursions
- Horseback ridding.
- Activities of Special Interest.
Free optional activities
- Mountain bike.
- Kayaking in Seno Lauta.
- Walk to the Beaver Dam.
- Visit Micalvi Marina.
- Golf Green (putt and approach).
- Rayuela, typical Chilean country game (two pitches).
Rates are per passenger and expressed in American Dollars
- Fees are per person per program, in U.S. dollars (US$) and equivalent in Chilean pesos (CL).
- Fees may be subject to change without previous notification. These DO NOT apply to events, conferences and fairs.
- Please, read our .
The Program Includes
- Transfer from Punta Arenas to Puerto Williams (by air) and return.
- Transportation from and to the Airport at Puerto Williams.
- Breakfasts and meals indicated in the Program. (The meals at the Lodge include aperitifs, three course meal, our selection of house wine and non alcoholic drinks).
- Spanish and English guide.
- Access to internet.
The Program does NOT Include
- Laundry Service.
- Telephone Calls (LDN and LDI).
- Alcoholic Beverages.
- Because of the considerable differences in the amount of hours of daylight throughout the year, some schedules may be modified. Any modification will be announced to the pasengers with the most anticipation possible, by the staff at Lakutaia .
- If necessary, the flight from Cape Horn will be reprogramed, if weather conditions do not allow on the day programed.
- Even though Isla Navarino usually has good weather (according to the standard of good weather in Patagonia, which often includes strong winds and showers), we recommend that passengers bring along the following articles of clothing, independent of the activities that they will be involved in during their stay
- Flight schedule: Meet at the Punta Arenas Airport: 09:00 hrs., transfer from Punta Arenas ‚Äď Puerto Williams.
- Meet at the Puerto Williams Airport: 11:00 hrs., transfer Puerto Williams ‚Äď Punta Arenas.
- Daypack (25 + liters).
- Hiking shoes, mid ankle preferred and water resistant.
- Appropriate layered clothing for the expected conditions.
- Wind and water resistant breathable outer shell.
- Convertible, fast drying travel/hiking pants.
- Sunscreen 30 SPF.
- Hat or cap.
- Bottle or water container.
- The program begins each Tuesday.
- During the Low Season, the program requires a minimum of 4 people.
- During the High Season, the program requires a minimum of 2 people.