Information for ski season 2011 in Portillo (week of July 9-16)Portillo Ski Center has informed us that, due to the good conditons of its tracks, all the facilities and services of the center are operational since Saturday, June, 25. This is an update of the information for the week of July 9-16.
The center is currently open, with all its services and and facilities working normally. The Family Weeks will start on the 9th of July, with lots of activities especially designed for all the family. Portillo has been manufacturing snow constantly, and will continue to do so as long as the low temperatures allow so. This has kept all the tracks in good conditions.
The current ocupation is of 90%, and tickets are only being sold to the hotel guests, which allows them to enjoy a safer and nicer stay.
The trails are in good conditions, but limited in their skiable areas.
- Snow fallen so far: 132 cms.
- Snow tread in tracks 50/70 cms.
- The conditions are very good for beginners.
- The conditions for intermediate skers are good but limited.
- The conditions for experts are limited.
- No freeride ski.
- You may find stones in tracks without ice making machines.
- No good conditions for heliski.
These are the chairlifts operating:
- Plateau (Advanced).
- Las Lomas (Intermediate).
- Laguna (Intermediate).
- Escuela 2 (beginners).
- Escuela 3 (beginners).
- Princesa (beginners)
These will be added this week:
- Canarios (Intermediate).
- Cóndor (Expert).
- Bajada del Tren Trail (Intermediate)
Those who are mainly interested in freeride or heliski, should reconsider the date of their vacations. These alternatives are specially thought for them:
- Guests who want to cancel their reservation can do so with a total refund of their guarantee.
- Keep their guarantee for future stays in Portillo (subject to availability).
- For safety (and until the weather conditions get better and more tracks are open), no more day-tickets will be sold.
For further doubts do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.