Santiago is one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Latin America. If you are a nature lover, here we will tell you what walks and outdoor activities you will find in the capital.
The city of Santiago is surrounded by hills and mountains. What are those places to enjoy the outdoors?
1. Cerro San Cristóbal: It is part of the Metropolitan Park of Santiago. It has trails for sports, green areas for picnics, and entertainment such as the zoo, cable car and funicular. Hundreds of tourists come to this place to see Santiago from above and enjoy nature.
2. Yerba Loca: On the way to Farellones, there is the Yerba Loca Nature Sanctuary that has 34 kilometers of trails that mix nature and archeology. If you go for the day, you can skirt the river, visit the waterfalls, but if you go for more than a day, you can reach the La Paloma glacier.
3. Cerro Manquehue: If you are a trekking fan, you can climb the Manquehue hill. From the top, you will have a privileged view of the entire capital in an impressive way.
4. Nature Sanctuary: In the commune of Lo Barnechea, in the middle of mountains, you will find the Nature Reserve Nature Sanctuary where you can do trekking, mountain biking and even sport fishing. It also has picnic areas to enjoy a day outdoors.
5. Parks in Santiago: The most outstanding are the Parque Padre Hurtado, the Bicentennial Park, the Parque Araucano and the Renato Poblete Park. These have roads, lagoons and gardens perfectly cared for your visit. In the summer season, events, open-air cinema and other activities related to art, music and gastronomy fairs are held.