It is one of the most interesting routes in Chile. Its landscapes laden with vegetation, lakes, rivers of turquoise waters, glaciers and mountains, make Aysén Patagonia become one of the most famous tourist destinations in our country.
In this article we will name the 10 parks and national reserves of the Carretera Austral Norte that you have to visit at some point in your life. Surely you will not be able to cover them all in the same trip, but they have to be in your bucket list yes or yes.
1. Hornopirén National Park: Located in the northern sector of the Carretera Austral and is considered an anteroom to enjoy the best landscapes of Patagonia.
2. Parque Pumalín: Special for the adventurous traveler. There are routes to do explorations, observe the native flora and fauna and sail in kayak to know the fjords Comao and Reñihue to see marine fauna.
3. Futaleufú National Reserve: Located on the border with Argentina and born for the protection of the cypress of the mountain range and the huemul, both in danger of extinction. In its interior is the Futaleufú River, an icon of the Austral Road and considered as the best fast white water in the world.
4. Corcovado National Park: The main objective of this park is the protection of unique ecosystems in Chile such as fjords, canals, mountains and volcanoes. Most of the national park is covered by evergreen forests of lenga, coagle of Magellan and cypress of the Guaitecas.
5. Palena Lake National Reserve: It is located on the border with Argentina and share the same lake. It is very difficult to access (it is even recommended to enter through Argentina), so it is advisable to visit it only in summer.
6. National Reserve Rosselot Lake: The particular thing about this reserve is that it has large mountain ranges covered by forests bordering Rosselot Lake. Panoramic views of glaciers and waterfalls. You can walk through the path that begins in front of La Junta and are approximately 5 kilometers.
7. Queulat National Park: It is one of the most famous of the Carretera Austral and can be visited in a full day from Coyhaique. It is characterized by its hanging glacier and its evergreen forests.
8. Lake Carlota National Reserve: Located on the border with Argentina so you will find ñirre, lenga and native trees. As for the fauna, the puman, huemules and condors predominate.
9. Lake Las Torres National Reserve: If you like hiking or fishing, Las Torres Lake reserve is for you. It is very easy to access from the road and you can do family walks with trails suitable for all ages.
10. Mañihuales National Reserve: Located 90 kilometers from Coyhaique, the national reserve is characterized by its oregon pine plantations and great diversity of birds.
Live the experience
Excursion to the National Park Queulat12 Hours
One of the main attractions of the northern austral highway is the Queulat National Park, known for its nature and the Hanging Snowdrift.…
- On Request
- On Request