Important information for tourists in Chile between October 22 and 25 on the operation of the Airport, public transport, buses between cities and general councils
Given the current situation in Chile, the Tourism Undersecretary together with the National Tourism Service Information reported that tourism activity will continue to operate in most of the country. The most visited destinations such as San Pedro de Atacama, Elqui Valley, Rapa Nui (Easter Island), Patagonia and Torres del Paine National Park among others, will continue to receive tourists with normality.
In Santiago, trade works partially, as does public transport. Metro announced that October 24th, the service will start at 7am.
Line 1: between Pajaritos and Los Dominicos
Line 3: between Los Libertadores and F.C. Velasco with detentions in Vivaceta, U. de Chile and Ñuñoa.
Line 6: between Cerrillos and Los Leones with detentions in Lo Valledor and Ñuñoa
FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT METRO IN SANTIAGO GO TO https://www.metro.cl/
- The International Airport in Santiago is operating 24 hours a day.
- If you have a flight during curfew hours we suggest respecting the arrival anticipation time recommended by the airlines.
- If you are going to fly during these days check the status of your flight before heading to the airport.
- If you do not have confirmation for your flight, we recommend not going to the airport
- If you have a flight during curfew, show your boarding pass as a safe pass to the authorities.
- If you arrive Santiago during the curfew, at the airport you will be given a safe-conduct to move to your hotel.
- If you have a transport vehicle such as a taxi or a transfer, the instruction is to go to a police station to request a safe-conduct.
- Family members and people who are going to look for passengers at the airport can request safe passages at the police stations.
- Pilots and airline crew can show their aeronautical credentials as a safe conduct.
- Find out about what is going on in the streets before going for a walk or visiting somewhere in the city. You can access the airport's Twitter account.
- Respect the rules stipulated by local authorities.
- If in doubt, ask for information at the tourist information points.
- Pack personal basic medications to avoid long lines in pharmacies.
- Hire legal tourist services registered in Sernatur.
Live the experience
Come to visit San Pedro de Atacama and the Chilean altiplan in a travel package of 6 days. Visit the Moon Valley, altiplanic (Miscanti…
- FromCLP $346.400per person
- FromUS$447per person
Travel package of 5 days to make the W circuit in Torres del Paine National Park. On this trekking you will visit the best places of…
- FromCLP $705.000per person
- FromUS$1.200per person
Meet one of the most famous national parks in Chile in 5 days with a group of more travelers guided by an expert in the area. Stay…
- FromCLP $860.000per person
- FromUS$1.440per person
Come and visit the Torres del Paine National Park in a 5-day program at your own pace sleeping in shelters. In the circuit W you will…
- FromCLP $690.000per person
- FromUS$1.146per person
Travel package of 4 days to discover the Torres del Paine National Park with Hotel Lago Grey. Come meet the Pehoé lake, Grey glacier…
- FromCLP $1.065.625per person
- FromUS$1.375per person