Live the incredible experience of an expedition through the Andes Mountains in the Araucanía on a sled guided by Husky dogs! In this all-inclusive program you will get to know unforgettable snowy landscapes, learn about mushing and connect with nature like never before.
Day 1: Arrival in Temuco
We will pick you up at the Temuco Airport in the morning and go to lunch at a typical restaurant in the area to enjoy the local cuisine.
After lunch we will visit the Husky Farm where we will meet the sled dogs that will accompany us the next days in the adventure through the Araucanian mountain range.
Later we will arrive at the cabins where we will lodge and we will have a welcome dinner before going to sleep to recharge.
Day 2: Mushing day
After enjoying a delicious breakfast at the hotel we will leave around 08:00 am to head to the Husky Farm. We will have a tour of the caniles, we will tell you more about the activity and prepare the equipment.
Later there will be an induction to the activity and preparation of the equipment around 10:00 am to start the dog sledding expedition through the snowy valleys of Araucanía.
Around 13:30 hrs we will have a longer stop to eat our box lunch, rest a bit and marvel at the nature that surrounds us and then start the expedition back to our starting point.
After lunch we will continue with the sledding activities to arrive at 17:00 hrs to the place where we will set up camp. After a few moments of rest we will share a delicious meal before going to sleep.
Day 3: Return on sleds
We will have breakfast early in the morning so we can dismount the camp and return by sleigh to the starting point.We will have a longer stop to eat our box lunch, rest a bit and enjoy the amazing husky dogs that accompany us.
We will arrive at the Husky Farm at 4:00 p.m., have some time to say goodbye to the dogs and trainers and then go back to Temuco to arrive around 7:00 p.m. to the cabin, where we can have dinner.
Day 4: Transfer to Temuco airport
After breakfast we will take you to the airport in Temuco to take your flight back. The transfer will depend on the flight schedule.
- 2 nights stay in cabins in Temuco (first and third night)
- 1 night stay in tent for lodging in the mountain range (second night)
- Three daily meals (both in cabins and on land)
- Introduction and training to drive the dog sled
- Expedition Guide (Musher)
- Equipment of dogs with equipment
- Transfer to and from the airport of Temuco (beginning and end of program)
- Additional Meals
- Personal equipment (shoes, jacket, pants, flashlights, gloves, cap, etc.)
- Sleeping bag
- Insulating mat for carp
- The activities of the course are adapted according to the climatic conditions.
- The schedules during the days of activities in the field can undergo modifications varantes of the moment.
- The number of dogs per passenger will be indicated by the guide of the expedition.