In this tour you will know in depth the history of the rescue of the 33 miners who were trapped in the San José Mine.
- Departure: 12:50
- Duration: Full day
- Pickup / Dropoff: Copiapo Hotel
What you will visit:
- 1 Copiapó
On this tour we will visit the emblematic San José Mine, where in 2010 a landslide left 33 miners trapped under more than 700 meters of rocks and minerals. During the tour we will walk along mining trails, visit the dune sector and then we'll go to San José mine guided by one of the rescued miners that spent almost 70 days underground with their companions.
- PhysicalVery low
- Route guide and site guide
- Travel assistance insurance, meals or extra drinks
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, sunscreen, sunglasses, water, camera
- Basic level walks, not suitable for people with limited mobility
- Closed Monday through Wednesday and non-waivable holidays.