On this tour you will visit the Pan de Azúcar National Park, which is located on the coast of the Atacama Region. We visit its cliffs, rocky beaches and learn about botany and geology. This is a highly recommended excursion if you are looking to leave Copiapó and get to know its landscapes.
- Departure: 08:30
- Duration: Full day
- Includes: Boxlunch
- Pickup / Dropoff: Hotel in Copiapó
What you will visit:
- 1 Pan de Azúcar National Park
- 2 Copiapó
We will visit Pan de Azúcar National Park to observe the desert typical flora moistened by the Camanchaca. We will visit the Cactario and Environmental Information Center of CONAF Atacama (Guardaparques) where we will learn about the unique cactus species in the area.
Then we will visit a special sector where water emerges from the earth, being this an important source of life for the vegetation in the desert. Then we will make a 5 km walk in the El Mirador sector of the Pan de Azúcar National Park, where we will have the privilege of observing cacti, shrubs, foxes, guanacos and various birds that will be loved by birdwatching lovers.
We will end our tour in the Pan de Azúcar National Park with a comforting and tasty typical lunch at the Pan de Azúcar Creek.
- NatureVery high
- Specialized guide
- Entrance to the Pan de Azúcar National Park
- Airport transfers, travel assistance insurance, meals or extra drinks.
- Intermediate level walks, not suitable for people with limited mobility.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, sunscreen, sunglasses, water, camera