These are the national parks and destinations with the most beautiful forests in Chile.
- Futaleufú: located in the lush forests of the Andes mountain range, Futaleufú is one of the best adventure tourism destinations in Chile. Its name comes from the Mapuche language and in Spanish it means "big river". Its river is considered one of the three best in the world for kayaking and rafting. It is an important tourist attraction on the route of the austral highway and part of the Lakes Region in Chilean Patagonia. The forests of the Futaleufu National Reserve are the home of the huemul, elusive deer endemic to Chile and the cypress of the mountain range, species of fauna and flora that can be observed doing trekking or walking the trails by bicycle.
- Parque Tantauco: this park conserves one of the oldest and wildest forests in Chile. Of millenary trees and peat bogs dating from the last glaciation, it harbors endemic and endangered species such as Darwin's fox, Geoffroy's cat and pudu. Charles Darwin was impressed with the beauty of this corner of Chiloé, the island of myths and legends, located south of the world: "The jungle of huge trees, crowded with lianas and ferns, pierced by moisture, forms a dark green complex that he seems the absolute owner of the island "wrote the legendary explorer when he visited what is today Parque Tantauco.
- Queulat National Park:is one of the most important tourist attractions of the Austral highway and houses one of the most beautiful forests in Chile. Located in the region of Aysén, 170 km northeast from Coyhaique, is characterized by its "Evergreen Forest" which is composed of coigue, tepu and tepa, as well as large nalcas and other species. You can go trekking on its trails, mountaineering and navigation, and one of the must-see points is the Hanging Snowdrift, a huge stream of frozen water that rushes into the void and that impacts everyone who sees it. Home of the pudú, the cat winks, the black carpenter, the chucao and the kingfisher the Parque Nacional Queulat is ideal for sighting of wildlife and bird watching.
- Conguillio National Park: is at the foot of the Andes mountain range in the Araucanía region and is one of the national parks that you have to know if you visit Chile. Of ancient forests, volcanic lagoons and millenary forests it lodges to the Llaima, an impressive volcano of 3.125 meters of height that next to the araucarias stars the most incredible landscapes and photographies. In the park you can camp and trek. In addition, its facilities include cabins with tubas hot water perfect to relax the muscles after a good walk.
- Huerquehue National Park: 35 kilometers far from the capital of adventure tourism in Chile is the Huerquehue National Park, a park of hills, streams and crystalline lagoons that can be used to practice trekking, camping, observing the species that they inhabit and contemplating its lakes like the Green Lake, of emerald color, and the Toro Lake surrounded by thick forests of coigues and araucarias.
- Torres del Paine National Park: It is the Eighth Wonder of the World and the national park that receives the most visits in Chile. Its turquoise water lakes, its famous granite towers, its glaciers and its dense forests make up one of the most beautiful landscapes on Earth. The best way to tour the Torres del Paine National Park is by trekking on the W circuit, a four to five day walk that will take you through different landscapes each one more beautiful than the previous one. If you have good physical condition we recommend the circuit O, a hike that goes around the park and that can take up to 9 days to be traveled. Within the park there are shelters, campsites and hotels as well as alternatives to trekking as navigations through Lake Gray, horseback riding, wildlife watching and puma tracking.
Live the experience
Travel package of 5 days to make the W circuit in Torres del Paine National Park. On this trekking you will visit the best places of…
- FromCLP $705.000per person
- FromUS$1.200per person
Hiking to know the best landscapes of the Andes mountain range in the Conguillío National Park. We will visit the Valle de la Luna,…
- FromCLP $114.500per person
- FromUS$135per person
One of the main attractions of the northern austral highway is the Queulat National Park, known for its nature and the Hanging Snowdrift.…
- From-per person
- From-per person
Full Day to Tantauco Park Tour10 Hours
If you like Ecotourism this place is perfect for you. On this tour we will visit the Tantauco National Park where you can explore the…
- FromCLP $80.000per person
- FromUS$95per person