We'll tell you everything you need to know about the new legal requirements to travel to Easter Island
Rapa Nui is one of the most visited places in Chile. Currently, Easter Island receives more than 100,000 tourists every year, which has generated great benefits in the economic development of the territory. However, its rapid growth has also become a threat. Due to its size and extreme isolation, the Easter Island's ecosystem is being damaged by the number of travelers who visit it.
The overcrowding of the urban settlement, the increase of waste and the shortage of water resources among other inconveniences, have led the government to modify Law Number 21.070 which regulates the exercise of the rights to reside, stay and move to and from the special territory of Easter Island.
The so-called Law of Residence and Permanence in the territory, is effective from August 1, 2018 and since then, the tourists have a number of requirements to enter the island. Then in GoChile we will help you telling you what they are:
New Requirements to visit Easter Island
- Tourists can only stay in the territory for a maximum period of 30 days
- Before traveling, visitors must submit specific requirements to the PDI at the time of boarding:
- Fill the Unique Entry Form (FUI)
- Present the identity card or passport
- Show a copy of the return ticket
- Show the copy of the tourist accommodation reservation authorized by the SERNATUR or a letter of invitation from a person belonging to the Rapa Nui people.
Whether you travel with a tourist package to Easter Island sold by a travel agency in Chile, or you travel on your own, the requirements are the same.
Live the experience
Easter Island or Rapa Nui is one of the most attractive places in the world, declared a World Heritage Site. It is located in the middle…
- FromCLP $445.000per person
- FromUS$625per person
Come and see the best of Easter Island in a 4 days express travel program. You know the famous moais, Rapa Nui culture and touristic…
- FromCLP $209.328per person
- FromUS$294per person
Moais Full Day Excursion7 Hours
Come and visit the famous Easter Island Moais, one of the most important archeological places in Chile. In this tour you’ll visit Ahu…
- FromCLP $69.064per person
- FromUS$97per person
Trekking Hanga OTeo7 Hours
Trekking tour to meet the northern sector of Isla de Pascua. On the way we will find archaeological remains of the Rapa Nui culture…
- FromCLP $257.032per person
- FromUS$361per person
Come to dive to Isla de Pascua and meet the clearest waters in the world that reach up to 70 meters of visibility. You will find not…
- FromCLP $119.616per person
- FromUS$168per person