The surroundings of Puerto Montt are characterized by their natural surroundings and for being the gateway to Patagonia.
If you are on vacation in Puerto Montt and you like trekking or hiking, we recommend you to visit:
1. Vicente Pérez Rosales National Park: It is the most famous of the Los Lagos Region. It is a protected area at the foot of the Andes mountain range with large areas of completely virgin forest and native trees such as Arrayan, Ulmo and Coigues. There are trails for hiking and trekking. We recommend you to visit Todos los Santos Lake and Petrohué Falls located inside.
2. Alerce Andino National Park: You can meet in a full day hiking from Puerto Varas or Puerto Montt. You will enter a deep forest of native larch; you will find almost uninhabited lakes ... The Alerce Andino National Park stands as one of the most attractive natural parks in the Lake District. Do you want to do it?
3. Cochamó: The most recommended option is to host in the sector La Junta to be able to perform from there the different trekking to Cerro Trinidad, Arcoiris, La Paloma, Amphitheater and many others. It is known as the Chilean Yosemite for its hills of liparite stone and virgin forests. You can also climb by the day, from the village of Cochamó are 15 kilometers until you reach the sector La Junta, where are the famous slides.
4. Estuary of Reloncaví: Although it does not include a trekking, sailing in kayac by the estuary of Reloncaví is an activity that you cannot miss! And is considered one of the secrets of Cochamó. Geographically, the Reloncaví Estuary marks the beginning of the Austral Highway.
Live the experience
The Alerce Andino National Park houses the largest expanse of native larch forest. In this tour we will trek through its trails to…
- FromCLP $54.000per person
- FromUS$76per person
Kayak Tour by Reloncaví EstuaryFull day
In this tour we sail in sea kayac from the Estuary of Reloncaví to Cochamó. We then travel from Puerto Varas to the mountain range,…
- FromCLP $78.750per person
- FromUS$110per person