The unit Fray Jorge Forest is located in the Coquimbo Region, province of Limarí, commune of Ovalle. It was created in 1941. The unit stands out for having Valdivian relict forests in the middle of a semi-arid zone. It protects different species of fauna like the partridge, the peregrine falcon, wood pigeons, elegant fat-tailed mouse opossum, different types of rodents, Humboldt penguin, culpeo fox and chungungo.
- Departure: 08:00
- Duration: 11 hours
- Includes: Lunch
- Pickup / Dropoff: Hotel en la Serena
What you will visit:
- 1 Bosques de Fray Jorge National Park
- 2 La Serena
The tour begins in the direction of the Limarí Valley until arriving at the Fray Jorge National Park, where we can appreciate the most diverse animal and plant species in its extensive protected wild area of 9,959 hectares, which presents an extraordinary natural phenomenon: a forest type Valdivian in a desert coastal area, declared a World Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO. We will make a walk of almost two hours through the paths enabled to know this magical hydrophilic forest with incredible landscapes and views. We will have lunch en route.
Our last stop will be in Valle del Encanto, a prehistoric site declared an Archaeological Monument, which houses petroglyphs, pictographs, tacit stones and the impressive Inca baths of the Molle culture.
- PhysicalVery low
- NatureVery high
- Transfer to and from your hotel in La Serena
- Entrance to the Fray Jorge National Park
- Entrance to the Valley of the Charm
- Bilingual guide
- Everything not mentioned
- Wear comfortable shoes, change shirt, jacket, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat and water
- This tour can only be done from Thursday to Sunday
- The transfer is only for those who are staying in the downtown hotels and Av. Del Mar (limit Hotel Bay)