From north to south Chile is characterized by its high snowy summits and volcanoes that give life to the famous Andes mountain range.
Chile has infinite mountain landscapes. I would not dare to give a list of the best places in the Andes, as we probably do not know them all, but we leave you 8 emblematic places of our country that you have to know at least once in your life.
1. San Pedro de Atacama: The Andes mountain range is presented with large volcanoes that give rise to an impressive landscape. If you want to know some, we recommend you make the trekking to the Licancabur volcano from where you will see the Atacama Desert in its entire splendor.
2. Valle del Elqui: In the Coquimbo Region, you will find mountains loaded with vineyards. This landscape makes the Elqui Valley one of the most mystical places in Chile. You can do trekking, horseback riding and wine tours in the middle of the Andes mountain range.
3. Valle Nevado and Cajón del Maipo: If you are in Santiago, you can visit the Andes mountain range in a full day to Farellones and Valle Nevado, one of the most modern ski centers in Latin America. If you like trekking, we recommend you visit El Morado Glacier, located in the heart of Cajón del Maipo.
4. Cipreses River National Reserve: In the Andes of the O'Higgins Region we find a natural box surrounded by high mountains. It has trails, picnic sectors and the best views to contemplate our mountain range.
5. Conguillío National Park: In the Region of Araucanía, Los Ríos and Los Lagos we will find landscapes full of araucarias and forests full of native vegetation. In the Conguillío National Park you will find transparent lakes and lagoons and millenary forests. It is a landscape that you have to know at least once in your life.
6. Cochamó - La Junta: This area is characterized by its huge mountains of liparita stone. Some call it the "Chilean Yosemite", a place for climbing and trekking for sports fans. Without a doubt, it is one of the most impressive sectors in Chile.
7. Cerro Castillo National Reserve: On the Carretera Austral you will find this pristine, pointy landscape called Cerro Castillo. We recommend you to do the 7 day circuit for the reservation, where you will be interned by the best landscapes of the Chilean Patagonia.
8. Torres del Paine National Park: Located in the extreme south of Chile and considered the eighth wonder of the world. From the main path of the park you can see the Cuernos del Paine and the Torres del Paine, a mountain range of enormous dimensions. If you want to visit them, we recommend you to do the circuit W or the O circuit to know the best landscapes of the park.
Live the experience
Do you want to get to know the most unexplored Andean area of the Los Lagos Region? In this program you will find lakes, volcanoes…
- FromCLP $374.000per person
- FromUS$483per person
For 8 days you can tour the longest and most beautiful circuit of Torres del Paine National Park. Lakes, glaciers, hanging bridges,…
- FromCLP $1.115.000per person
- FromUS$1.870per person
Travel package of 5 days to make the W circuit in Torres del Paine National Park. On this trekking you will visit the best places of…
- FromCLP $705.000per person
- FromUS$1.200per person
The W route is one of the trekking circuits to do in the Torres del Paine National Park and one of the best routes to see the main…
- FromCLP $517.000per person
- FromUS$891per person
El Morado Glacier Tour12 Hours
Come to visit the landscapes of the Andes mountain range on a trekking to the Natural Monument El Morado located in Cajón del Maipo,…
- FromCLP $130.000per person
- FromUS$168per person
Hiking to reach Base Torres del Paine, a place that will allow you to witness the 3 massifs: Central, Monzino and Dagostini, Pik and…
- FromCLP $82.000per person
- FromUS$106per person
Elqui Valley Tour10 Hours
The Elqui Valley stands out for the production of wine and pisco. It is a green valley surrounded by mountains and traditional villages…
- FromCLP $39.500per person
- FromUS$51per person
Hiking to know the best landscapes of the Andes mountain range in the Conguillío National Park. We will visit the Valle de la Luna,…
- FromCLP $114.500per person
- FromUS$148per person