What things are indispensable to carry out all the tours and excursions of San Pedro de Atacama and not die in the attempt? We will tell you all the things that can not be missing in your suitcase.
Traveling to San Pedro de Atacama has become a #must trip for both Chileans and foreigners from different parts of the world.
That is why we have dedicated this article to advise you what things can not miss in your suitcase to carry out all the tours and tours that are in San Pedro de Atacama.
1. Jockey: With more than 320 days cleared a year, a hat or jockey cannot miss in your suitcase. The tours are made from 9:00 am to 5:00 p.m., so you will spend many hours in the sun.
2. Sunglasses: Sunlight is very high, in fact, they have detected that the UV radiation level is one of the highest in the world, so you cannot forget your sunglasses all day with you.
3. Parka - Windscreen: Although San Pedro de Atacama is very hot during the day, in autumn and winter, from 18:00 hours temperatures begin to decrease significantly, reaching even below zero. During the day in some places you can run a lot of wind.
4. Canteen with water: Water is indispensable for any activity. While not all tours require physical activity, San Pedro de Atacama is located at 2,400 meters above sea level. But many of the attractions such as the Tatio Geysers, Altiplánicas Lagoons (Miscanti and Miñiques), the excursion to Monjes de la Capana and Salar de Tara, Alto el Loa and Piedras Rojas are on the 4 thousand meters above sea level and this directly affects the Puna . It is important to keep the body hydrated and drink plenty of water so as not to feel dizzy and uneasy.
5. Photo camera: For lovers of photography, San Pedro de Atacama has the best panoramic landscapes of northern Chile. The sunset in the Valley of the Moon, the sunrise in the Tatio Geysers whose fumaroles exceed 7 meters in height, the landscapes of Salar de Atacama and its lagoons full of flamingos that reach their waters to feed. For the passionate of the Atacama Desert is the tour to fly in hot air balloon and witness an impressive view from above. In San Pedro de Atacama you will have landscapes that you will hardly find anywhere else in the world, in the middle of the most arid desert in the world.
6. Backpack: Carrying a backpack of 35 liters is essential for excursions. This size is recommended to avoid loading too much weight. It is important to keep something warm in the backpack for the afternoon and bottles of water.
7. Trekking shoes: While not all excursions require physical activity, it is advisable to wear trekking shoes since the roads are sandy, dirt and volcanic stones. To visit the Salar de Atacama, the paths are defined, but the same is walked on the salt and it is necessary to have shoes suitable for this.
Live the experience
In five days you can enjoy San Pedro de Atacama and its surroundings. You will visit Moon Valley, altiplanic (Miscanti and Miñiques)…
- FromCLP $284.925per person
- FromUS$417per person
Come to visit San Pedro de Atacama and the Chilean altiplan in a travel package of 6 days. Visit the Moon Valley, altiplanic (Miscanti…
- FromCLP $333.400per person
- FromUS$487per person
Come to visit San Pedro de Atacama and its surroundings on one visit 4 days express. You will visit the Valley of the Moon, the salar…
- FromCLP $236.700per person
- FromUS$346per person
Feel as if you were walking on the moon and on Mars with this tour that will take you to know two classics of the Atacama Desert.
- FromCLP $23.200per person
- FromUS$34per person
Tatio Geysers Tour8 Hours
Tatio geysers are the highest geothermal field in the world. Meet the huge fumaroles that emanate from the earth and then visit the…
- FromCLP $46.700per person
- FromUS$68per person
Tour to visit the Atacama Salar, Chaxa lagoon in the National Reserve Los Flamencos and visit Toconao, a village that has a human data…
- FromCLP $38.500per person
- FromUS$56per person
Learn about the different landscapes in San Pedro de Atacama visiting the Chaxa Lagoon, home of flamingos and other birds, Piedras…
- FromCLP $74.000per person
- FromUS$108per person
A few kilometers from San Pedro de Atacama, you can visit the Monjes of the Pacana, that are stone pillars formed by erosion of wind…
- FromCLP $69.000per person
- FromUS$101per person