Tatio geysers are the highest geothermal field in the world. Meet the huge fumaroles that emanate from the earth and then visit the town of Machuca in the Chilean highlands.
- Departure: 05:30
- Duration: 8 hours
- Includes: Breakfast
- Pickup / Dropoff: Hotel in San Pedro de Atacama
What you will visit:
- 1 Tatio Geysers
- 2 San Pedro de Atacama
- 3 Machuca
We will leave from your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama at 5:30 AM and begin to climb the Chilean high plateau to reach El Tatio Geysers, the highest geothermal field in the world. We will arrive at this place shortly before 7AM, when steam fumaroles emerge more strongly, reaching temperatures above 85 ° C.
After observing this show, we will begin the descent towards San Pedro de Atacama. On the way we will pass through Machuca, which is a town with 20 houses and a church that opens so that tourists can visit it. In this town you can buy typical crafts from the Chilean highlands.
13.30: We will be back at your hotel.
- PhysicalVery low
- CulturalVery low
- NatureVery high
- Transfer to and from your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama *
- Entrance to Tatio geysers
- Bilingual guide
- IMPORTANT: The transfer only applies to hotels that are within the town of San Pedro de Atacama. If it’s not the case, we will let you know where we will meet, ask when booking.
- Everything that was not mentioned in the Itinerary.
Tatio geysers are located at 4,200 meters above sea level, so it is possible to suffer from altitude sickness. To avoid it, it is recommended to eat light the day before, not consume alcohol and get enough hydration.