Come and visit the archaeological remains in Pukará de Quitor and Aldea de Tulor in San Pedro de Atacama. These are pre-Inca constructions that date back to the 12th century and can still be seen in the middle of the Atacama Desert.
- Departure: 08:00
- Duration: 4 hours
- Pickup / Dropoff: Hotel in San Pedro de Atacama
What you will visit:
- 1 Quitor Pukara
- 2 San Pedro de Atacama
- 3 Aldea de Tulor
Departure from your hotel at approximately 08:00 am.
We will head towards the Pukará Quitor, a fortress built by "atacameños" to protect themselves from the Spanish invasion and then continue to an atacameña farm, where we will visit a family that lives of the agriculture and the cattle ranch to taste some local products that are typical of the zone.
Later we will visit the Tulor Village, where the first villages of the region settled and is one of the oldest sedimentary archaeological sites in the north of Chile.
Once in San Pedro de Atacama we will visit the main church that was built and preserved in adobe, cactus, chañar and algarrobo wood.
13:00: Return to your hotel.
- CulturalVery high
- NatureVery high
- Transportation to and from your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama*
- Entrances to Quitor and Tulor
- Atacama food tasting
- Bilingual guide
- IMPORTANT: The transfer only applies to hotels that are within the town of San Pedro de Atacama. If it’s not the case, we will let you know where we will meet, ask when booking.
- All not mentioned in itinerary
Comfortable shoes, jockey, sunglasses, sun block, water and comfortable clothing.