Learn about the different landscapes in San Pedro de Atacama visiting the Chaxa Lagoon, home of flamingos and other birds, Piedras Rojas, the Altiplánicas lagoons located at more than 4,000 masl and the town of Toconao.
- Departure: 08:30
- Duration: 10 hours
- Includes: Lunch
- Pickup / Dropoff: Hotel in San pedro de Atacama
What you will visit:
- 1 San Pedro de Atacama
- 2 Toconao
- 3 Lagunas Altiplánicas (Miscanti & Miñiques)
- 4 Socaire
We will pick you up at your hotel at 8:30 am to leave for the beautiful water mirror of Laguna Chaxa, which has become the habitat of dozens of flamingos and parinas, who come there attracted by its shallow waters. Then we will continue to the Altiplano to reach Piedras Rojas, where we will have a viewpoint to observe the volcanic conglomerate formed from the oxidation of the iron in the place.
Later we will travel to the Altiplano, where the Miscanti and Miñiques lagoons are located, located at more than 4,200 meters above sea level, surrounded by imposing volcanoes, Licancabur and Láscar, and habitat for a wide variety of birds. Continue to Toconao, a town whose buildings were erected with stones of volcanic origin, such as its church and its bell tower, declared a National Monument.
At the end of the tour we will return to San Pedro de Atacama.
- PhysicalVery low
- NatureVery high
- Transfer from and to your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama*
- Entrances to Chaxa lagoon and the Altiplanic lagoons
- Lunch in Socaire
- Bilingual guide
- IMPORTANT: The transfer only applies to hotels that are within the town of San Pedro de Atacama. If it’s not the case, we will let you know where we will meet, ask when booking.
- Everything that was not mentioned in the Itinerary.
Comfortable shoes, jockey, sunglasses, sun block, water and comfortable clothing.