We will visit the petroglyphs of Yerbas Buenas and we will cross the mountains of colors of the Rainbow Valley in the middle of the Domeyko Mountain in San Pedro de Atacama
- Departure: 08:00
- Duration: 5 hours
- Includes: Breakfast
- Pickup / Dropoff: Hotel in San Pedro de Atacama
What you will visit:
- 1 San Pedro de Atacama
- 2 Rainbow valley
It is located in the Río Grande basin, about 90 km from San Pedro de Atacama, very close to the Petroglyphs of Yerbas Buenas. It owes its name to the wide range of shades that can be observed in the valley's hills. The colors reflect the richness and varying concentrations of clay, salts, and minerals.
We start very early, heading 90 km from San Pedro to the Río Grande basin, where we reach the Rainbow Valley. Its name is given due to the variety of colors that can be seen in the valley's hills; earthy tones, reds, beige, greens, whites, and yellows. All combined with traces of white salt and a blue sky. The colors of this area showcase the ecological richness of clay, minerals, and salts. We will visit this place on a 1-hour hike, with a 1-hour return. Then, we will move to the Salado River area, where a small valley forms, and we can take a hike to appreciate the landscape.
Afterward, we will visit the Petroglyphs of Yerbas Buenas, and finally return to San Pedro de Atacama, where the activity concludes.
- NatureVery high
- Transfer from and to your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama*
- Entrance to Arcoiris Valley
- Bilingual guide
- IMPORTANT: The transfer only applies to hotels that are within the town of San Pedro de Atacama. If it’s not the case, we will let you know where we will meet, ask when booking.
- Everything that was not mentioned in the Itinerary.
Comfortable shoes, jockey, sunglasses, sun block, water and comfortable clothing.