Explore one of the most spectacular places on earth, the coldest, highest, windiest, driest, and remotest continent - Antarctica.
Day 1: Starting the Cruise
Begin your journey boarding the Magellan Explorer in Ushuaia, Argentina. Sail along the Beagle Channel towards Antarctica.
1) Due to port operations, boarding in Ushuaia is exclusively between 15:00 hr and 16:00 hr. At 16:00 hr. boarding will close. Please be on time.
keep your passport at hand and allow enough time to clear port security and to reach the vessel.
2) Please obtain any required entry visas to Chile and Argentina.
Days2 through 3: Crossing Drake Passage
Sail towards Antarctica across the famous passage named in honour of Sir Francis Drake, the great 16th century British explorer. As you sail in route to the South Shetland Islands, attend an engaging program of lectures and presentations.
In the company of expert guides, watch for wildlife from the glass-enclosed lounge or from the outside decks. You may spot magnificent
sea birds, such as albatrosses and petrels, as well as different species of whales on their way south to Antarctica. After crossing the Antarctic
Convergence, the environment changes noticeably. Keep your camera ready, as this is the time to watch for the first icebergs and the first sight of Antarctic land.
Days4 through 7: Exploring Antartica
Cruise between the South Shetland Islands and the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula, sailing along with ice-filled fords and among spectacular icebergs, while enjoying the company of sea birds, penguins, seals, and whales.
Each day, disembark by Zodiac boat and explore the landscape together with expert polar guides. From the ship enjoy spectacular vistas from the glass-enclosed lounge while sharing your daily adventures with fellow guests.
No journey is the same as flexibility is the key to success in Antarctica. The Expedition Team sets the voyage route to take advantage of the ever-changing opportunities provided by Nature, crafting a unique and extraordinary experience each time.
While the exact itinerary changes with each expedition, you will explore several spots that offer the best possible overview of the varied Antarctic environment. Your voyage may include visits to sites such as Paulet Island, Hope Bay, Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, Deception Island, the Lemaire Channel, or many other magnificent places.
Our adventure will be very active, with several daily landings and cruises in Zodiac boats, lectures and a very enjoyable time onboard. Departure from Antarctica will be in the afternoon or evening of Day 7, depending on weather conditions.
Days8 through 9: Sailing back to Southamerica
Return to South America with a northbound crossing of the Drake Passage. Relax and take the time to watch for wildlife from the bridge or outside decks, and take part in our program of presentations on Antarctic topics in the lounge.
Day 10: Back to Ushuaia Argentina
On the 10th day of our journey, we will arrive at the port in Ushuaia ending like this the adventure of our lives.
- Comprehensive pre- and post-voyage information material.
- Ship cruise as indicated in the itinerary corresponding to each expedition.
- Daily buffet breakfast and lunch on board ship offering a wide choice of dishes.
- Daily served dinner on board ship offering a choice of three main courses.
- Wine, beer, juice, and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner on board ship.
- Coffee, tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water and snacks on board ship throughout the expedition.
- Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica.
- All guided shore excursions.
- Lectures and entertainment on board.
- IAATO passenger fee.