The Campos de Hielo Sur is one of the most beautiful natural spectacles in Chile and you can explore them in this navigation that will take you to know the O'Higgins glacier and the millenary ice that surround it.
- Departure: 07:30
- Duration: 12 hours
- Pickup / Dropoff: Place to be defined in Villa O'Higgins
What you will visit:
- 1 Carretera Austral Sur
- 2 Villa O'Higgins
- 3 O'Higgins Glacier
We will meet at a place to be designated in Villa O'Higgins, where a vehicle will be waiting for us to take us to Bahia Bahamondes. From there we will sail towards the base of the Southern Ice Fields in the well-equipped L/M Quetru ship, crossing the vast lake of Los Glaciares (Lake O'Higgins) and entering the imposing Great Glacier (O'Higgins), with its front of 3 km of extension and its walls of 80 m of height.
As we live this tour we will admire the beauty of a breathtaking landscape, the least explored of Patagonia, which owes its physiognomy to the passage of glaciers. Along with observing the impressive mountains with millenary ice that surrounds the lake, we will feel the force of the cold wind on the face, which usually runs in these places where the weather conditions usually vary more than once in the journey, from the burning sun to heavy rains from one moment to another
- CulturalVery low
- NatureVery high
- NightlifeVery low
- Navigation to the O'Higgins Glacier
- Box lunch
- Coffee and tea during navigation
- Guide on board
- Transfer to and from your hotel
- Anything that was not mentioned in the itinerary
This program includes:
- Kit First Aid .
- Guide On Board
- Communication HF - VHF
- Insurance (See conditions)
This program does not include:
- Mobilization Villa O'Higgins - Bahamondes Bay. There is free parking in Port Bahamondez.
- Personal equipment (see list of suggested equipment).
- Food of any kind (Limited Sale board. Was suggested to take box lunch).Any service not specified in the program
- The hours of sailing, navigation and arrivals may vary due to weather conditions and safety.
We recommend you to bring:
- Jacket or fleece
- Windstopper Jacket
- Wool hat or fleece
- Sunglasses with UV filter for high solar radiation
- Plastic bottle or thermos
- Camera and spare batteries
- Backpack or personal bag