We will navigate fjords and channels of the Chilean Patagonia by catamaran from Puerto Chacabuco to the Laguna San Rafael National Park. On this tour, we will get to know the native forests that melt in the sea, different bays and the San Rafael glacier where we will appreciate its ice landslides.
- Departure: 07:00
- Duration: 13 hours
- Includes: Breakfast, Lunch
- Pickup: Hotel Loberías del Sur in Puerto Chacabuco
- Dropoff: Hotel Loberías del Sur
What you will visit:
- 1 Laguna San Rafael National Park
- 2 Carretera Austral Sur
- 3 Puerto Chacabuco
We will depart from Puerto Oxxean at 7:00 am. Then, we will board the catamaran and have breakfast on board. We will sail for about five hours towards the San Rafael Lagoon National Park. The journey is characterized by its impressive nature of native forests merging into the sea. We will navigate through fjords and channels of the Chilean Patagonia, while enjoying a delicious snack on the catamaran.
Lunch on board.
We will witness the Tres Cruces Gulf and the Elephant Estuary. The catamaran makes a stop in a bay where a colony of sea lions can be observed.
We will continue advancing and encounter icebergs, indicating that we are already in the San Rafael Lagoon National Park, until we reach the San Rafael Glacier. There, we will board Zodiacs and approach about 300 meters from the ice mass. We will see how ice that is thousands of years old breaks off.
After two hours, we will return to our starting point, sailing through the channels of Patagonia.
- PhysicalVery low
- CulturalVery low
- NatureVery high
- NightlifeVery low
- Catamaran sailing
- Full board food: breakfast, snacks, lunch, cocktail and open bar
- Whiskey with millenary ice
- Life insurance
- Transfers to reach Puerto Chacabuco. It is suggested to sleep the night before in the same sector.
- Everything that was not mentioned in the Itinerary.
Clothing for cold days (parka, polar, cap), Warm clothing (windbreaker, jacket), camera