If you travel to Chile, we will tell you about the glaciers that you have to know (in order of importance) at least once in your life.
The Andes mountain range gives life to huge glaciers that are formed by the great mass of ice that covers a large part of the national territory: Northern Ice Fields and Southern Ice Fields.
Here we will tell you about the glaciers that you have to visit if you travel to Chile.
1. Glacier Gray: Located in the Torres del Paine National Park and considered one of the busiest tourist spots in our country. If you do the circuit W you can see it from the same path. But if you want a closer experience, we recommend catamaran sailing on Gray Lake and approaching its ice floes.
2. Balmaceda and Serrano Glacier: If you want to know other glaciers in Patagonia, you can visit the Serrano and Balmaceda glaciers that are in the Bernardo O'Higgins National Park. It is a full day excursion from Puerto Natales. Do you want to navigate the fjords of Patagonia?
3. San Rafael Glacier: It is another huge glacier that, unlike the previous Gray, Balmaceda and Serrano, it is located in Northern Ice Fields. To get to know it, you have to take the catamaran that leaves from Puerto Chacabuco. You will sail for about 4 hours through the fjords and channels of the Aysén Region until you reach the San Rafael National Park with an impressive landscape.
4. Explorers Glacier: Most travelers contemplate the landscape. But in the Exploradores Glacier you can do a trekking on the same glacier. This experience is for the most daring as it contemplates a long walk that starts in an evergreen forest and then reaches the glacier. If you are traveling on the Carretera Austral, you can do our tour and know the depth of Campos de Hielo Norte.
5. Hanging Snowdrift, Queulat National Park: It is one of the busiest excursions of the Carretera Austral. What can be seen from the trail is only part of the great glacier mass that covers the mountains that are completely unexplored.
6. El Morado Glacier: If you are in Santiago and you have little time, we recommend you to make the excursion to El Morado glacier, located in Cajón del Maipo. The best date to visit is in September.
Live the experience
If you want to see the glaciers of Chilean Patagonia, come to O'Higgins National Park and visit the Balmaceda glacier and Serrano glacier…
- FromCLP $146.300per person
- FromUS$250per person
If you ever thought about walking on a huge glacier in the most austral part of the world, GoChile invites you to experience this experience…
- FromCLP $145.000per person
- FromUS$245per person
We will navigate fjords and channels of the Chilean Patagonia by catamaran from Puerto Chacabuco to the Laguna San Rafael National…
- FromCLP $205.000per person
- FromUS$350per person
El Morado Glacier Tour12 Hours
Come to visit the landscapes of the Andes mountain range on a trekking to the Natural Monument El Morado located in Cajón del Maipo,…
- FromCLP $65.000per person
- FromUS$94per person