Full day from Puerto Natales to visit Estancia La Península. There you will have the option to choose one of the three excursions to see incredible landscapes. This tour includes a roasted stick, sheep shearing and all the history of the first settlers, traditions and local culture. One of the best tours that can be done in Chilean Patagonia.
- Departure: 08:30
- Duration: Full day
- Includes: Lunch
- Pickup / Dropoff: Hotel in Puerto Natales
What you will visit:
- 1 Puerto Natales
At 9:00 am, you must be at Mac Lean Pier, Puerto Bories, where we will depart for the Antonio Varas Peninsula. During the navigation, the guide will explain the history of Puerto Natales and the life of the area's first explorers.
At Estancia La Península, we will be waiting for you with coffee, tea, and sopaipillas. Once breakfast is done, you can choose one of the excursions to take:
- Horseback Riding: Our white horses will take you to explore our diverse vegetation, such as the pampas, lenga forests, and the coast. We will reach a viewpoint from where you can see the Balmaceda Glacier. Before returning, we will enjoy bird watching.
- Guided Hike and Bird Watching: Thanks to the variety of nature and tranquility, there are many types of birds to observe. The guide will explain about the flora, fauna, and history of the place.
1:30 pm: Lunch that includes spit-roasted lamb accompanied by potatoes and salads on the table. Dessert is homemade caramel. There's an alternative menu for vegetarians and various drink options.
After lunch, we will enjoy a demonstration of how the dogs handle the sheep, followed by a sheep shearing session in a shed. This will teach you about the process and classification of wool.
Return to Puerto Natales at 4:00 pm.
- PhysicalVery low
- NatureVery high
- Two hours of activities
- Lunch with beverages
- Dog demonstration and shearing
- Tea, coffee, and sopaipillas
- Extra food
- Hotel-pier-hotel transportation
- Everything that was not mentioned in Itinerary
Comfortable clothes according to weather conditions, trekking shoes, coat.