Full day from Puerto Natales to visit Estancia La Península. There you will have the option to choose one of the three excursions to see incredible landscapes. This tour includes a roasted stick, sheep shearing and all the history of the first settlers, traditions and local culture. One of the best tours that can be done in Chilean Patagonia.
- Departure: 08:30
- Duration: Full day
- Includes: Lunch
- Pickup / Dropoff: Hotel in Puerto Natales
What you will visit:
- 1 Puerto Natales
At 8:30 we’ll be at your hotel in Puerto Natales and we will go to the pier, where we sail to the Antonio Varas peninsula. During navigation, the guide will explain the history of Puerto Natales and the life of the first explorers in the area.
At Estancia La Península they’ll be waiting for us with coffee, tea and sopaipillas. Once breakfast, we can choose one of the 3 excursions to make:
1. Horseback riding: Our white horses will take you to explore our diverse vegetation such as the pampas, the lenga forest and the coast. We then arrive at a viewpoint from where you can see the Balmaceda glacier. Before returning we will enjoy bird watching.
2. 4x4 off Road: From Estancia La Península we go to one of the peaks of Cerro Ballena. During the first part of the route we will cross a typical ñirre forest where a great variety of birds and rabbits live. At the summit we find an incredible 360 degree view of the fjords and mountain ranges and some fossil records.
3. Guided walk and bird watching: Thanks to the variety of nature and tranquility there are many types of birds to observe. The guide will explain about the flora, fauna and history of the place.
13:30 hours: Lunch that includes roast to the stick with free bar and dessert (with vegetarian option).
Once the roast is finished, we enjoy a demonstration of how the dogs handle the sheep, and we are going to finish in a shed where a sheep is sheared. With this you will learn about the process and classification of wool.
Return to Puerto Natales at 4:00 p.m.
- PhysicalVery low
- NatureVery high
- Transfers from Puerto Natales to Estancia La Península.
- Te- coffee and sopaipillas.
- Excursions to choice.
- Picnic lunch.
- Extra food
- Everything that was not mentioned in Itinerary.
Comfortable clothes according to weather conditions, trekking shoes, coat.