Vai Moana means "blue sea" in the Rapa Nui language, and is our way of paying homage to the enormous ocean that surrounds the island, from which much of the Rapa Nui culture has evolved.
Vai Moana is the first hotel on the island and in all of America to be certified amongst the network of biospheric hotels by the RTI (Responsible Tourism Institute, affiliated to UNESCO), in recognition of the efforts to carry out the development with responsibility towards the natural and cultural surroundings.
The facilities are set within extensive lush gardens and contain examples of traditional architecture as found at the site of Tahai, and is located a meter five minutes from the centre of Hanga Roa, likewise from the archaeological complex of Tahai.
The rooms are situated within separate bungalows, set all over the garden, and with ocean views. The hotel offer 18 generous and comfortable rooms, as either singles, twins, triples or suites, with all of the comfort the passenger needs. Prices include accommodation and a buffet style breakfast, as well as transfers to and from the airport.
The hotel offer Guided Excursions that give the passenger the chance to visit the main archaeological sites accompanied by a local guide with knowledge of both the latest scientific theories as well as the oral history of the island.Guided tours are available in Spanish, French or English. For the adventure people the hotel offers the Adventure Excursions that contact directly the passenger with the island surroundings by taking a horse tour to places otherwise inaccessible to vehicle, exploring caves or trekking through untouched landscapes.
- Airport Shuttle
- Breakfast Included
- International Direct Dialling
- Laundry Service
- Non Smoking Rooms
- Private Bathroom
- Room Service
- Fees are per room per night and include breakfast, in U.S. dollars (US$).
- Rates are based on a minimum of 2 night
- Fees are expressed in American Dollars and apply to foreign tourists (properly documented with passport or equivalent). These fees consider a tax exemption of the Value Added Tax ("Impuesto al Valor Agregado" or IVA, in Chile). For residents of Chile, a 19% IVA must be added to the fees previously mentioned.
- Fees may be subject to change without previous notification. These DO NOT apply to events, conferences and fairs.
Policarpo Toro s/n Hanga RoaEaster Island