In this program of trips you will enjoy a few days in the Valley of the Elqui with the Hotel Terral & Spa, and they will show you the most precious corners of the Limarí Valley.
Day 1: Arrival at La Serena Airport and transfer to Hotel Terral
Transfer: Airport in La Serena Hotel in Elqui Valley
We will be waiting for you at the La Serena airport and we will take you to the Terral Hotel located in the Elqui Valley.
Free time to visit the hotel and use its facilities.
Visit to the Observatorio Natural Amatista Travels :
We leave from the hotel at approximately 7:00 pm and travel to Vicuña to formalize the entrance to the Mamalluca Observatory. On the way we will pass through the town of San Isidro, which has a view of the entire Elqui Valley.
Once we arrive at the Mamalluca Observatory they will give us a talk accompanied by projections of the universe and the stars of the southern hemisphere to understand how the universe works.
Then, we observe the stars, planets and galaxies thanks to the optimal conditions of the skies of the Coquimbo Region. After two hours of observation, we undertake our return.
00:00 hours: Return at your hotel.
Day 2: Excursion to Elqui Valley
What you will visit:
- 1 Pisco Elqui
We’ll leave from your hotel at 9:00 am approximately to know the Elqui Valley.
The first stop will be in a large chacarería and then will continue touring plantations of chirimoyos, papayas, lucuma and olive trees. But the most important of the area are the vineyards that give rise to pisco, which is the main product of the area.
This tour includes a visit to a pisco plant where we are going to know the process of elaboration from fermentation to distillation, passing through the storage room and culminating with an exquisite tasting.
Our tour will continue in the village Vicuña, where we know the Bauer tower, its church and the Plaza de Armas, and then have lunch in a typical restaurant.
1:30 pm: Lunch at Delicias del Sol, a restaurant that is cooked with solar energy and is visited by national and international tourists.
Later we will visit the tomb of Gabriela Mistral in Montegrande. She was a Chilean poet who won the Nobel Prize for Literature. We will also go to the Casa Escuela (free access) where he lived all his childhood, and that today works as a museum.
7:00 pm: We will be back at your hotel.
Day 3: Transfer to La Serena airport
Transfer: Hotel in Elqui Valley Airport in La Serena
Breakfast and transfer to La Serena airport to return to Santiago.
- Transfer from La Serena airport or bus terminal to Terral Hotel & Spa in Vicuña 4 *. (1 hour and 15 min).
- Receptionist guide at the airport or terminal and transfer to Vicuña.
- 2 nights’ accommodation according to the passenger's choice, based on a double room, at Terral Hotel & Spa de Vicuña, with breakfast buffet.
- One session per room in whirlpool tubs on the terraces of the Terral Hotel & Spa.
- One tour per person for the Observatorio Natural Amatista Travels with everything included. (Transfers, Guide, Entrance, Observation and astronomical talks) (2 hours 30 minutes)
- One tour per person for the Elqui Valley full day with everything included. (Transfers, guide, tickets, lunch, entrance tickets to pisco distilleries and Gabriela Mistral museum) (7 hours
- Transfer from Hotel Terral & Spa in Vicuña to the airport or bus terminal of La Serena. (1 hour and 15 min app)
- Accompanying guide from Hotel Terral & Spa.
- Transfer with insurance per passenger seat, top coverage UF 1,000.-
- Everything that was not mentioned in the itinerary.
Comfortable clothes according to weather conditions, sunscreen, camera and water.