Walk the ancestral trails of the Atacama Desert all accompanied by local history, nature and your travel friend who will be a llama who will accompany you on this interesting tour through the driest desert in the world.
- Departure: 18:00
- Duration: 3 hours
- Pickup / Dropoff: Hotel en San Pedro de Atacama
What you will visit:
- 1 San Pedro de Atacama
We will pick you up at your hotel 18:00 hrs in San Pedro de Atacama to go outskirts of the town.
We will get to the place where the hike starts; here we will revive one of the old circuits that the communities used to move in a caravan through the Atacama Desert.
With a guide that belongs to the local community. As we move forward, he will tell us about the behavior of the ancestors and how the man managed to tame the camelids that will accompany us on the journey. You will be able to enjoy the landscape, the silence of the desert and take photographs. Once the journey of approximately 2 hours is finished, we will enjoy a cocktail of typical products of the area and later we will take our vehicle back to San Pedro de Atacama.
- PhysicalVery low
- CulturalVery high
- NatureVery high
- Shared transportation for 1-6 people*
- Spanish, English or Portuguese guide,
- Pickup and drop off at the hotel,
- Ancestral cocktail (with local products)
- IMPORTANT: The transfer only applies to hotels that are within the town of San Pedro de Atacama. If it’s not the case, we will let you know where we will meet, ask when booking.
- Extras, visits not specified or mentioned in the itinerary.
Comfortable shoes, shelter in case of bad weather, sunglasses, sunscreen, water and comfortable clothes.