Tour to visit the Atacama Salar, Chaxa lagoon in the National Reserve Los Flamencos and visit Toconao, a village that has a human data of more than 12 thousand years old.
- Departure: 15:00
- Duration: 5 hours
- Pickup / Dropoff: Hotel in San Pedro de Atacama
What you will visit:
- 1 Los Flamencos National Reserve
- 2 Atacama Salt Flat
- 3 San Pedro de Atacama
- 4 Toconao
We leave from your hotel at 15:00 hours and we will head towards Toconao, which will be our first stop. This village was built with Liparite stone and has a human data of more than 12 thousand years old. We are going tovisit its central square where the bell tower was built in 1750 made of adobe and cactus wood. We are also going to visit the Church of San Lucas which is National Monument, just like the belfry.
In the Jere Valley we are going tol see the true richness of the Toconares, a canyon that thanks to the microclimate that it has and the waters that come down from the mountain range enjoys fertility and turns the sector into one of the greenest places of the desert with orchards of trees Fruit trees and varied plant species.
Finally we will visit the Soncor sector of the great Salar de Atacama in the National Reservation Los Flamencos. In the Chaxa lagoon you can see the flamingos that arrive thanks to the shallow depth of its waters.
Here you can see the sunset, when the colors of the sun contrast with the white of the salar and the blue of the sky, presenting a unique landscape in the Atacama Desert.
8.30 pm: We are back at your hotel
- PhysicalVery low
- NatureVery high
- Transfer from and to yout hotel in San Pedro de Atacama*
- Entrances to Chaxa lagoon and Jerez
- Cocktail in Chaxa
- Bilingual guide
- IMPORTANT: The transfer only applies to hotels that are within the town of San Pedro de Atacama. If it’s not the case, we will let you know where we will meet, ask when booking.
- Everything that was not mentioned in the Itinerary.
Comfortable shoes, jockey, sunglasses, sun block, water and comfortable clothing.