Come and visit Frutillar and Puerto Octay on the shores of Lake Llanquihue, two villages in Los Lagos region that share a strong German tradition.
- Departure: 09:00
- Duration: 5 hours
- Pickup / Dropoff: Hotel in Puerto Varas or Puerto Montt
What you will visit:
- 1 Puerto Montt
- 2 Puerto Varas
- 3 Frutillar
- 4 Puerto Octay
Discover the fascinating Llanquihue, Frutillar, and Puerto Octay Route, immerse yourself in the enchanting history of charming villages and the stories of hardworking German settlers. Marvel at the beauty of Lake Llanquihue and indulge in its exquisite pastries. A journey that will captivate you with its charm and invite you to live unforgettable moments. Book now and be amazed!
9:00 AM: Departure from the hotel.
9:10 AM: We will start our excursion by visiting the city of Llanquihue, famous for its cured meats and the place of origin of the Maullín River, which is part of the ancient Settlers' Route. In the city, we will visit Los Cisnes Beach and the Pier, which offer a beautiful view of the Lake and the Volcanoes. Then, we will drive along the shores of Lake Llanquihue to reach Frutillar.
10:30 AM: We arrive at this beautiful town with Bavarian reminiscences, where its first settlers came from. It emerged in 1856 as a shipping port, and soon tanneries, mills, breweries, etc., appeared. We will stroll around its beautiful old German-style houses, admiring their well-kept gardens and the incomparable view of the Osorno and Puntiagudo Volcanoes. Optionally, passengers can visit the German Colonial Museum, which depicts the life of the settlers, or enjoy a coffee with a typical German pastry from the region.
On its Lakeside Avenue, we will observe the Teatro del Lago, where the famous "Semanas Musicales de Frutillar" (Musical Weeks of Frutillar) are held annually, attracting artists from all over the world.
12:00 PM: From here, we will head to Puerto Octay, also located on the northern shore of the lake, marked by German influence and being the first port of departure for agricultural products towards Osorno. We will explore its old streets and the Plaza de Armas.
2:00 PM: Arrival at the hotel.
• The order of the places to visit may be modified depending on the daily operation.
• Excursion times are approximate and may be subject to changes according to the Traffic and Operations schedule, considering that, being a half-day excursion, it may have afternoon departures.
• Excursions may undergo changes beyond the company's operation.
- PhysicalVery low
- CulturalVery high
- NatureVery low
- Transportation to and from the hotel in Puerto Montt or Puerto Varas.
- Spanish and English speaking guide
- Entrance to the German Museum of Frutillar
- Everything that was not mentioned in the Itinerary.
Bring sunscreen, sandals, sun hat, and camera.